If one food could give you superhero powers, it would be the mighty Green Smoothie. Have you tried them yet? A green smoothie is a surprisingly delicious blend of fruit and leafy greens. They are easy to make, and probably the healthiest food on the planet.
I think customizing recipes is so fun. Green smoothies are so versatile because you can use whatever fruits and greens you prefer, and they come out tasty every time. Well, some combos are more like flavor expeditions, but if it weren’t for recipe renegades then how would we get new recipes at all? Hmm?
The Best Green Smoothie Recipe
- 4 cups spinach or mixed greens
- 2 large cucumbers or 1/2 head celery
- 2 pieces of ripe fruit
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Enough water to blend
Makes 2 big yummy drinks. Breakfast for two!
Green Smoothie Tips
- Experiment with all the ingredients! Try different greens, veggies, and fruits and see what your taste buds prefer.
- Leafy greens: I think spinach is the most tasty green for green smoothies, but some people prefer lettuces. What do you like?
- Cucumber: Keep the seeds if you are using a high powered blender like the Blendtec, otherwise remove them.
- Celery: A blend of cucumber and celery is very tasty! A high powered blender is required to blend celery into a silky smooth texture.
- Fruit: I like at least 1 banana because it makes a creamy, rich-feeling green drink. They also blend great with tart fruits like berries.
- Additions: This green smoothie stands alone in terms of nutrition and flavor. It doesn’t need any extra supplements or ingredients… but as always, experiment if you feel called to!
The benefits and flavor are amazing, but it’s not rocket science. If you make a habit of drinking a green smoothie every morning, I guarantee you will see miraculous changes in your health and energy levels. Even one green smoothie a week does wonders for your whole body, so fit it into your life the best you can.
Have you tried this tasty green smoothie recipe yet? Let us know how you customize your green smoothie in the comments section below.